Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Next on my "To Buy" List


 La Mer's The Lip Balm

La Mer The Lip Balm, $50
 I have tried so many different products to combat my dry, flaky lips, but nothing seems to be long-lasting enough, especially when I am wearing a matte lipstick.  In their May Issue, InStyle listed The Lip Balm by La Mer as best lip balm, saying 
"It's the first thing I put on a girl when she sits in my chair," says Molly Stern.  With good reason.  It's incredibly hydrating, has a silky finish, and makes a great base for color.  Some makeup pros even swear it plumps lips.
I have been meaning to try La Mer products for a while now, but I have always been scared away by the hefty price tag, although those who use it swear it's worth it.  At $50 for .32 oz, The Lip Balm is definitely a splurge, but compared to $140 for 1 oz of the famous Créme de la Mer, it's a reasonable introduction to the brand.  
The Lip Balm is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars on the La Mer website, and 91% of reviewers would recommend it to a friend.  One review in particular jumped out at me; MKelly said: 
I drink water constantly and I carry a water bottle with me wherever I go just to stay hydrated, but my lips...no matter what I'd put on them, they'd get so chapped and dry. Cracked lips are so painful and unattractive. I was getting tired of people commenting on how dry my lips looked.
So, I bought this as a splurge. I exfoliated my lips with a sugar scrub and after I used this to moisturize using little dabs of the product and pats on my lips.
It's really amazing how soft my lips are! And they haven't been cracked, chapped, or dry-looking since I've started using this. I LOVE THIS so much that I now have one for my purse/pocket while I work, and one for my bedside. The smell is light, a little minty fresh, and it's light enough to wear under any lipgloss/lipstick.
Definitely my holy grail to soft, smooth lips. The best!
MKelly's description sounds EXACTLY like my situation, so I am hoping to have similar results!  I will be purchasing Le Mer's The Lip Balm later this week and will be sure to post a review! 

Have any of you used The Lip Balm or any La Mer products?  What do you think? Do they live up to the hype (and price point)?


La Mer can be purchased at department stores and online at cremedelamer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment